Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater

Go down 
+5
mangoman
Nicholas41
Sam_G
schudini
Iceelover
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:40 am

Nice new damsel! I like the look of those Springer damsels. Glad Tang is doing well, and everything seems to be going fine (ignoring the sea pansy..which sucks).
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 pm

i wanted to get a bowfront but i didnt cause i wanted to do what you did with your rocks mine i just stacked Sad but hey added anything else in
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 pm

I added a sun coral, much like the one that I had before except bright orange and with a few more heads. It's really a pain in the ass and I think it hates me. It's supposed to be nocturnal and you have to squirt some teaser/flavored water at it and wait a while before it opens so you can feed it, which I learned how to do fairly quickly with my last one. But this one? No. I can squirt 10 times and all it does is become a little less withdrawn. After about 3 hours, the small ones will open up a little and stick a few sticky tentacles out, but to get them to hold on to any food is impossible. I know they can do it because I was trying to feed a piece of squid to the big one and I dropped it and it fell on the edge of one of the little ones. Thinking it would act like it normally does when I try to feed it, I thought the squid would fall off so I went to pick it back up but the little guy had a SUPER grasp on it! I was excited because he was eating, but annoyed because I have no idea why they wont take anything else from me. I usually have to sit there and hold food against it's mouth for a MINIMUM of 10 minutes before they will get a decent enough hold that it doesn't fall out or get moved by the TINY bit of pathetic current I have in that corner. And even then, the food is partly in its mouth but it's still closed up. It refuses to put out its tentacles. So maybe after it's gotten a decent meal it would put them out? Nope. It just sits there all "less withdrawn" and you can just barely see the tips of the tentacles.

This is the most I've ever had it come out and I've owned the thing for maybe 2 months? Maybe more? I cant remember
40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 20130210

This is the end product of about 5 hours of work. The little one on the bottom is the one with a giant piece of squid that it wouldn't let go of (it tripled in size to eat that whole thing lol). The other two with food were not as willing and I had to stand there and hold the food forever. And that's after squirting juice and "baiting" them for about 2 hours
40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 20130310

rant
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:31 am

they are a pain i will say that i have one and its a pain to feed best thing to do is to just just get a brine water mixture and squirt it and it works for me
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Have you tried smaller foods than squid? Like reef plankton or cyclopeeze? I feed the dendros at the store with those two, and they love it.
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm

you work at a store which one think
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:54 pm

loganjonathan wrote:
you work at a store which one think
Creative Aquariums
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 pm

wow thats cool
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:45 pm

loganjonathan wrote:
wow thats cool
Yeah, I love working there. Smile
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm

do they give u discounts and stuff for working there
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Sam has the good stuff lol I know ill be looking for her when I cross over xD
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:48 pm

yeah man and if u cant get a hold of her give me a call here is my number everyone has it

813 681 8143
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 pm

I have tried Cyclops, Marine Snow, brine shrimp, a high protein frozen cube dissolved in water, and now rods food. Rods food has krill and squid and oyster eggs and all sorts of things. It seems to do well and my Kenya tree loves catching the stuff floating around after I squirt it at the sun coral. Usually when I do get the chance to shove food in it's mouth, it's krill and they "accept it". Squid is the only thing I've seen them willingly take, but I only found one piece in the rod's food so far.
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 pm

huh thats strange brine works for me every time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater   40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

40 Gallon Breeder Tank - Saltwater
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4