Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae Empty
PostSubject: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 am

So, I thought I should take advantage of this lovely new sub-forum! mr. green

I have a question regarding attaching halymenia/flame algae/dragon's breath algae. I've tried rubberbanding it to a frag plug, but it just slips out. I've tried glueing it to my LR, but after a few days to a week it somehow manages to float away (I don't know if slips out of the glue or just decays where I glued it). I've also tried just letting it float around in my tank, but then my Koralias start "nom noming" on it. Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Is it in a spot with a strong current that is helping it escape?
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm

It's broken into so many pieces now, that they are all in different flow areas ranging from low-high flow. I tried re-rubberbanding them this morning to frag plugs. I guess we'll see what happens...
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Halymenia seems to do that when it gets unhappy.. My "flame/whatever aglae" did that when I switched the flow around.. I would just let them float around until they find the spot they like.. make sure they dont' get sucked into your overflow though!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Thanks, Eric. I think one problem might have been that I let my salinity creep up on accident and maybe that made the halymenia kind of "unhappy". I redirected some of my Koralias as well, and I'm hoping that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:38 pm

My halymenia blew away again. grumble I shoved the broken pieces in between clumps of gracilaria. I'm hoping the gracilaria will hold it in place. *sigh* I swear it seems like everyday at least one macro blows to a new location, and every time I chase it down, I look like I've gone swimming in my aquarium. Curse that super tall aquarium! angry
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 am

An FTS would be nice! (:
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae   Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae Empty

Back to top Go down

Attaching Halymenia/Flame/Dragon's Breath Algae
Page 1 of 1