Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dgolden

Dgolden

End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip Empty
PostSubject: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:36 am

WOW this semester ended (is ending) abruptly. I feel like it's come out of left field and I had no idea it was coming LOL

Hopefully everyone has a good end of the semester without as many papers and tests as I have....I had two professors surprise me yesterday, "your last class exam in the course before finals are these take home papers" AWESOME I thought....then I read it I've now got 3 6-10 page papers due in a week LOL pale

Anyway if you're feeling stressed out, remember your tanks, take five minutes, and just observe them. Clear your mind, revel in the ecosystem that is self contained in front of you that is healthy and thriving and know that life is good for both you and your tanks.

Feel free to share any other tips you have for coping with the EOTSS (End of the Semester Stress) mr. green

To our graduates cheers <~ This one's for you, I hope to be joining you in the spring as a graduate
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 am

My aquariums add insanity but also help to keep me sane. Very Happy

I was one of the speakers at the Undergraduate Research Colloquium yesterday. I was so stressed out leading up to the event that I set up a new aquarium. Helped take my mind off of things. Probably a little bit of bad timing since I should have been prepping for the talk, though... ashamed
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 am

one thing thats helps is a good drive around town. and going to the different shops and to see the different fish and then buy some and let them go in your tank and enjoy
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

it also helps if your in a band that goes everywhere
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Sam_G wrote:
My aquariums add insanity but also help to keep me sane. Very Happy

I was one of the speakers at the Undergraduate Research Colloquium yesterday. I was so stressed out leading up to the event that I set up a new aquarium. Helped take my mind off of things. Probably a little bit of bad timing since I should have been prepping for the talk, though... ashamed

That's cool how did it go ? Is there a video somewhere ?

The maintainence makes me crazy and relaxed at the same time, but there's just somethin gabout the feeling of going arm deep in an aquarium
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm

loganjonathan wrote:
one thing thats helps is a good drive around town. and going to the different shops and to see the different fish and then buy some and let them go in your tank and enjoy

I used to do that....then I started spending a ton of money and that just added to the stress cry
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 pm

hahahaha not for me
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:20 pm

loganjonathan wrote:
hahahaha not for me

Wait until you get to college and that whole having to budge thing happens Shocked The big thing is if you can find a way to make your hobby pay for itself it makes things a lot better because then you can save your sellings for expansion mr. green
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm

[Wait until you get to college and that whole having to budge thing happens quote]

i go to hcc full time till this year or next idk when ill go to usf yet
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Here's hoping you make it to USF I like it here, but I'm ready to graduate xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip   End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Semester Insanity -- Stress relief tip
Page 1 of 1