Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dgolden

Dgolden

FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses Empty
PostSubject: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:16 am

Hey everyone!

FRESHWATER ONLY!!!! (salt water + freshwater mosses = dead moss cry )

General Disclaimer: There may be snails, shrimp hitch-hikers (since some of this moss has come from tanks carrying shrimp, but no promises) or some slight algae included. Nothing a simple H2O2 or Excel treatment won't fix, I don't really see any algae and I try to keep my tanks as algae free as possible but it can and does happen from time to time.

Disclaimer part 2: There may be some non-green portions, have no fear unless it's white, it's not dead!!!!

As yall see below in the DIY I'm up to my ears in mosses! I've got 4 containers which I am planning for a grow experiment, long story short I've got some extra mixed moss that I need to either give away OR if I don't get any interest move to another container in another room.

Anyway I thought that I would offer it up here. It's a hodge podge of: Java, Xmas, Fissidens, Mystery Moss (think it's either mini rose or willow not 100%), and Weeping Moss (theres a few strands of each in there all jumbled together)

If any of you want it let me know I can bring to campus today (if yall get to me before 1030 when I leave to come to campus) or tomorrow. If noone has interest in it before tomorrow, I will move it and see if I can grow it out in another room.

Just thought this might be a cool way for some of you to get playing around with mosses.....

Here's a picture of what I have right now....sorry the light's aren't on it's not photoperiod time yet!

FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses 910

Last edited by Dgolden on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Disclaimer)
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:20 am

PS WOW THAT WAS POST 150 LOL I feel like it was an annaversary or something
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:14 pm

There's been more additions to the mix.....including some Subwassertang

This is definately an interesting mix!!!!
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 am

Hey Drew,

I'd love to try out some of these mosses, but I would need a very very small amount of them only, because my tank is so small.
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 am

Hey Dan!

I'm already On my way to class today, any way we can meet up Monday?

Want about half a golf ball?
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:30 am

Sounds good, pm me location and time and I'll try to be flexible.
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 am

No problem! Ill just half what's in there
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 am

Moss is gone! I'm sure I'll have more in the future...well if my setup goes to plan Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses   FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses Empty

Back to top Go down

FREE: Small portion of mixed mosses
Page 1 of 1