Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!

Go down 
+2
xwesx1978
Dgolden
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dgolden

Dgolden

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 pm

WHEW so I figured that I would get this updated while I have about five minutes or so tonight Smile

The XMAS moss has happily been filling in and is just about due for a trim and attachment to the rocks to get that moving, I tried the mesh on the rocks however the fish knock it off so it's time for some attachment measures :icon_eek:
My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 52248692

I thought this was a cool shot with the guppies at the top yea I know they're there for the air because the CO2 is running happily tonight -- on a side note they keep breeding I was down to 4 a month or so ago....
My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 35226786

One of my YOYO's chillin in the cabomba I've pulled most of it up and replanted it so it's more dense in the corner which has opened up some room for IDK what I'll figure something out
My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 88203916

These baby Amazons are just about ready to be put up to look for a new home what do you think?
My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 78028955

Even the swords like the cabomba updated setup
My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 48301895

And the Moneyshot AKA the FTS Smile
My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 75599664

Thanks guys, as always suggestions, comments, questions are welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Everything is filling in really nice, Drew! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 pm

So I did some editing to the tank, so I gave some plants to a friend and thinned it out a bit....have no fear though I have some new goodies on the way soon for this tank

So I thought I would start with some of the GROW update first Smile

Here's the Xmas moss, I pulled about two golfballs off it tonight and moved it to my experiment (pictures to follow of that)

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 110

I was able to get enough flame moss off a trimming to add another 2x2 mesh square as well as a 2x1 mesh rectangle, so I've been getting good growth here as well

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 211

My moss growing experiment....well I guess it's more like cheap holding tanks LOL I put in fresh water from my 55 gallon once a day about 11pm so its at the height of CO2 and has already had fert dosing and it's been growing well although it isn't a long term solution for the moss it does work to hold it after trims Smile I have held moss like this so far a few weeks underneath a light and it's done well although it's not really growing just maintaining LOL

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 311

And the whole tank shot, as you can see my vals are doing great in the back after the melting incident, the sword has blwon up, the moss is doing well, I got some moss fissidins to try although it didn't hold up to shipment too well in front of the vals, I moved a baby sword, got rid of a bunch of baby swords and some of the cabomba and have been doing generally well in the tank, I will prolly be taking some guppies to the pet store soon....

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 410
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 pm

So yea I'm overdue for an update...this tank has gone insane......

Doing a trim tonight to try to get water flow going but WOW crazy growth over the last three months xD

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 1110
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 pm

WOW I just totally realized that my jungle vals have grown entirely across the tank afro
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 am

WOW! Your plants have taken off! bow
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Yea they've gone crazy LOL

OOOhhhh and a Video of my Albino Bristlenoses at play Smile

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:19 pm

They're adorable. Smile Music is kind of suspenseful, though... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm

LOL IDK I just thought it fit the way they were playing and chasing each other. I made another video that's brighter where you can see half a dozen of them playing and eating I'll be posting it soon mr. green
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:46 pm

So yea, I'm totally due to do a major overhaul in this tank, I got some more planted substrate to try to create a more rooted plant friendly environment and will be doing a big trim, I've been having some algae issues (partially I think because I got some plants which weren't happy and I didn't properly QT them)

Here is how I sit before I get to work today....hopefully the fish aren't too mad!

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 1211
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:13 pm

it still looks very good even tho u got that algae problem
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Update coming soon, you've been warned Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!   My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My 55 Gallon High Tech - Tons of Pictures!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2