Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

20L Dirted/Planted Community

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

20L Dirted/Planted Community Empty
PostSubject: 20L Dirted/Planted Community   20L Dirted/Planted Community EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:32 am

So, as I have told you all. I have moved everything from my original 10gal to my 20L. It looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I guess I will give you the specs.
Substrate - on the very bottom I have red clay spread throughout. Above that I have a layer of dirt mixed with pea gravel(I find it holds the roots and dirt together a little better, and dosent make a mushroom cloud of dirt when you pull plants out). I capped it off with a bag of Flora Max. Half of the dirt pea from my 10gal is the combo that I used in the middle if you were wondering.
Aquascaping Material- Like I said before, the two pieces of driftwood from my 10 are now in the 20, as well as 3 brilliant Rocks. I chose them for their size and colors (Black with white spots)
Plants - Dwarf Sag, Chain Swords, Crypts(bronze and green), Bocopa Caroliniana, Java Moss, Willow moss, Anubias, yellow snowflake, and of course, Red Tiger Lotus.
Fish - A pair of German Blue Rams, 8 swordtails, 5 Oto cats, A colony of RCS, and I have spotted baby swordtails so lets hope for the best there.
Equipment - 36W 10,000K light, CO2, AquaClear Filter, and a heater.

I love having fish tanks Clapping
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

20L Dirted/Planted Community Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20L Dirted/Planted Community   20L Dirted/Planted Community EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 am

Sounds awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

20L Dirted/Planted Community
Page 1 of 1