Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Service activity at Ft DeSoto!

Go down 
+2
mangoman
AshleyG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AshleyG

AshleyG

Service activity at Ft DeSoto! Empty
PostSubject: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey club members!

Just an announcement real quick to see who would like to do this. Tampa Bay Watch was hoping we'd like to team up with them for some hands-on environmental fun.

Coming up in April they are doing a native planting on the dunes in Ft DeSoto from 9am-noon. This helps stop erosion and keep the ecosystem there healthy! (Plus it gets us merit as a club, woo! Wink ). It's just a few short hours and we will learn a lot about the habitats found locally, which is pretty cool in my book.

Can everyone just let me know if this sounds good? If you'd like to go, we could probably also do a beach sweep/netting (for those with a license) afterward to see what we can find, and maybe lunch?

If you'd like to see what other types of activities you can do with TBW, you can click here.. I'll probably be doing one of those oyster domes if anyone wants to join me!

The main site for TBW is here.
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:31 pm

I'd like to go Smile

What day in april?

Will it count for community service hours? (In highschool so i'm trying to rack up as much as possible..)
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

They have not gotten an exact day yet, but she promised soon. It will be during the week! And I am sure we can sign off as community service, I will try to find out more for you to make sure we get the right paperwork done.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I love the idea! But, sadly, as we discussed, I'll will be in class... Sad

Great job coordinating this, Ashley! I hope that a lot of our members take advantage of this!! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Ok thanks Smile

I have hcc tuesdays and thursdays but can probably take off a day if I need to..
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Cool! Hopefully we get a date soon.

Is anyone else interested? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 am

That sounds like a neat opportunity, but it would really depend on what day. April's nearing the end of the semester and is full of final lab reports, papers and exams Sad
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 pm

I can most likely schedule it in Smile, It sounds like a blast!
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:09 am

Iceelover wrote:
That sounds like a neat opportunity, but it would really depend on what day. April's nearing the end of the semester and is full of final lab reports, papers and exams Sad

Good point.. kinda forgot about that.. yeahh a date would be really helpful! Smile
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:32 pm

I asked the rep how soon we have to "RSVP" and reminded her that april was nearing finals, so the date would determine who could come. I'm sure we don't have to make a move before they pick a date though Wink
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 pm

The date they gave me is set, for Friday, April 20th, from 9am until noon.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 pm

No classes on Friday for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:23 am

Guys, they have changed the date. After Samantha emailed about upcoming events, I decided to let TBW know that we were scheduled to be on board and they only THEN told me the date had been changed! :/ I'm glad we didn't show up!!

The new date is Wednesday, April 18th from 9am – noon.. which I unfortunately cannot make as I work. Does this date work for anyone else? If not, we can always attend one of their other events, over the summer and into the fall is when things pick up, and we can join the beach sweep in September.

Please let me know! Thanks guys!! Smile
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 pm

hmmm should work fine for me.. gotta check though..

i've heard tbw is not the best with volunteer coordination..
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I still can't make it...

We need an officer present, so if Ashley and I can't make it...Nicholas or Dawn?
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm

or just cancel and all of us can go and chill at the beach a different day.. tease
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 pm

mangoman wrote:
or just cancel and all of us can go and chill at the beach a different day.. tease

Hmm I like the way you think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Service activity at Ft DeSoto!   Service activity at Ft DeSoto! Empty

Back to top Go down

Service activity at Ft DeSoto!
Page 1 of 1