Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!

Go down 
+2
Nicholas41
Sam_G
6 posters

RSVP - Will you be attending our September Meeting?
Yes
Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! Vote_lcap89%Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! Vote_rcap
 89% [ 8 ]
No
Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! Vote_lcap11%Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! Empty
PostSubject: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm

On Tuesday, September 20th at 5pm we will be holding our first ever Aquarist Club at USF meeting!!! mr. green The meeting will be taking place in the Honors College Lounge (ADM 240). Hopefully lots of members will be able to attend this meeting. At this meeting, we will be introducing ourselves, talking a little about the goals for the club, AND we will be having our first guest speaker!! Very Happy

Dr. Philip Motta, the advisor for our organization, will be our first guest speaker for this semester. Dr. Motta will be giving a short presentation on his research with sharks, and you don't want to miss out!!

Hope to see everyone there and finally get to meet some of you in person!

Last edited by Sam_G on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Please RSVP for our September meeting by voting in the poll above. We hope to provide snacks at the meeting (depending on our availability of funds) and need to know how many members plan on attending. Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 am

So I just realized that on the doodle poll, 9 people said they could make it and chose this time for the meeting...
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:19 am

Nicholas41 wrote:
So I just realized that on the doodle poll, 9 people said they could make it and chose this time for the meeting...

That's not really true. The Doodle poll said 5:30pm - 6:30pm, not 5pm - 7pm. Also, the Doodle poll surveyed in general whether people could meet on certain days of the week, not whether they'd be available on specific dates...
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:17 am

Makes sense... thank you.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:16 pm

No problem. thumbs up I do hope we have more than 6 members show up, though. We have over 40 members in our club. And, 6 out of 40 is kinda pathetic. Sad

For those of you who don't know Dr. Motta, he's amazing! Check out his website at: http://shell.cas.usf.edu/motta/
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Sam_G wrote:
For those of you who don't know Dr. Motta, he's amazing! Check out his website at: http://shell.cas.usf.edu/motta/

I think I know where his lab is located, because I walked by and saw a 4 foot mako shark lying on a table. It was kind of freaky to see something like that in a totally unexpected place.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Super cool! Wish the Mako had been alive and swimming, though. Sad Dr. Motta's lab and office are in the Science Center (SCA), and he keeps his live sharks at Mote Aquarium. He used to keep his sharks and rays on either the first floor or basement (can't remember) of SCA, but then they moved them back to Mote for convenience. They were having to truck in saltwater pumped from the ocean to USF, and it was too much work.
Back to top Go down
Gimplar

Gimplar

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 pm

i'll be there, but i got class at 6:15ish, so i'll be leaving early if it's til 7pm.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Glad you can make it Nelson! Very Happy And, glad to see you back on the forum. We've missed you. Sad

It's no problem leaving early or coming late. Just be quiet and respectful when you enter/leave. The meeting probably won't go until 7pm anyway.
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:57 am

Sam_G wrote:
Glad you can make it Nelson! Very Happy And, glad to see you back on the forum. We've missed you. Sad

It's no problem leaving early or coming late. Just be quiet and respectful when you enter/leave. The meeting probably won't go until 7pm anyway.

Nelson quiet? Laugh

Naw, I'm j/k Smile

You still got your bike?
Back to top Go down
Gimplar

Gimplar

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:52 am

schudini wrote:
Sam_G wrote:

Nelson quiet? Laugh

Naw, I'm j/k Smile

You still got your bike?

Hahaha, tease

Yup, im bring it to campus today since we have a break in the rain. Have fun finding parking for 30 minutes Smile
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Gimplar wrote:
schudini wrote:
Sam_G wrote:

Nelson quiet? Laugh

Naw, I'm j/k Smile

You still got your bike?

Hahaha, tease

Yup, im bring it to campus today since we have a break in the rain. Have fun finding parking for 30 minutes Smile

Nope, I gots me a staff sticker FTW!

(however that means spending teh monies) grumble
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Sam_G wrote:
Super cool! Wish the Mako had been alive and swimming, though. Sad Dr. Motta's lab and office are in the Science Center (SCA), and he keeps his live sharks at Mote Aquarium. He used to keep his sharks and rays on either the first floor or basement (can't remember) of SCA, but then they moved them back to Mote for convenience. They were having to truck in saltwater pumped from the ocean to USF, and it was too much work.

Shark pic

Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! IMAG0509

From the looks of it, it has had it's fins removed, which means it was probably sourced from a fishing boat.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 pm

CRAZY! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 pm

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: The location of our monthly meetings has been changed. Our meetings will be taking place in ADM 240 (Honors College Lounge), NOT ADM 241.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:38 pm

To entice more members to come...

We will have FOOD and DRINKS at the meeting! Wink Thanks to the sponsorships that we've received these past few weeks, we will be providing Goldfish and Shark Gummies along with refreshments at the meeting. Nothing toooooo fancy, but yummy nonetheless. Smile
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 am

8 hours to go people! Cool
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 am

Snack food is loaded and my shirt is on~!
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 am

Sam_G wrote:
To entice more members to come...

We will have FOOD and DRINKS at the meeting! Wink Thanks to the sponsorships that we've received these past few weeks, we will be providing Goldfish and Shark Gummies along with refreshments at the meeting. Nothing toooooo fancy, but yummy nonetheless. Smile

Food! Very Happy Now if only I had a ride.. grumble

If I could get a ride I'd bring food Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Awww, Eric. No ride? Sad
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Less than an hour to go!
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Totally thought I looked at my calander and said SCUBA meeting at 5? nah....

but now I see it was this meeting and the SCUBA meeting is at 9pm ashamed

I think even if I left now, yall would be packing up to leave Sad
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:19 pm

That sucks. Sad It was a good meeting. Wish you had been there, but there will be plenty more. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended our first meeting this evening! I had a great time, and I hope that you all did as well! Very Happy It was nice meeting everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting!   Aquarist Club at USF September Meeting! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1