Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

T-Shirts for the Club?

Go down 
+4
Iceelover
schudini
Nicholas41
Sam_G
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

T-Shirts for the Club? Empty
PostSubject: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Do you all think we should make t-shirts for the Aquarist Club at USF?

Does anyone have any ideas for a t-shirt design, quote, etc.?

We are interested in making a t-shirt for the club, but before we invest the time into this project, we want to make sure that this is something that club members would be interested in. Right now, my plan was to come up with some t-shirt designs, host a poll of the designs on the forum, and then find a place to make the shirts. I was leaning on designing the final t-shirt on an online site and get a quote. Then I would take a count of how many members want a t-shirt, and order the shirts in bulk so that we don't have to pay separate shipping. Then, anyone who decides that they want the shirt after that initial order can order them from the online site on their own.

Any suggestions??? Question
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 am

"I'd tap that glass" Laugh DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:49 am

lol rofl BUT, NO! grim reaper
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 am

Update: I was looking at using spreadshirt.com. They seemed to be the cheapest shirt company that I could find online. And, I've ordered from them before, so I know that they actually sell quality material. I'm open to any other suggestions, though...

As for designs for the shirt, any art majors on this forum? Wink
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 am

Nicholas41 wrote:
"I'd tap that glass" Laugh DO IT!!!

Second!
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 am

+1 on the seconding of my suggestion! lmao
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Well, I've spent the last two days trying to figure out how to work Photoshop... Sleep I didn't realize what a pain in the butt it is to remove a background from a graphic. grumble

Anyway, I've been working on a club name logo that could be placed on the shirt. It's nothing fancy, but I think it came out okay. My thoughts for the shirt right now are to place one of the two club name logos below somewhere on the shirt (front or back), and then add an aquarium-related graphic and/or a quote to the shirt (again, on the front or back).

I'm still requesting any input on the shirts. Any images that you all have in mind? Other quotes? Wink Just as a side note, the cost of the shirts increases for each image or text added to the shirt. The cost also increases if we decide to add stuff to both the front AND back of the shirt. So just keep that in mind.

Here are the two club name logos I did in Paintbrush/Photoshop. Let me know what you think...

T-Shirts for the Club? PS-AquaristClubatUSF

T-Shirts for the Club? PS-AquaristClubatUSFspreadout

Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 pm

I like the top logo if you put it on the arm, but the bottom one if you put it on the back.

And I've always wanted an "I'd tap that" shirt ashamed
http://www.snorgtees.com/i-d-tap-that

Or we could do a variation of this one, but with an urchin or a pufferfish?
http://www.snorgtees.com/hugz-cactus
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Good suggestions Ashley! I think I like the logo for the back over the more condensed one.

And I'm good with the i'd tap that Very Happy or the hugz would be great too! I'm picturing a cute puffer on it that's all puffed up!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Wow! I didn't know that they actually already sold aquarium "I'd tap that shirts"! Good find!! Very Happy
And, I think the Hugz shirt would be adorable!! I agree with Nicholas, I think a cute puffer would look better than an urchin. Smile

As far as the logos that I created go, I agree that the spread out logo would be better for the back of the shirt, and the condensed one would be good for either an arm or if we try to fit the logo on the same side of the shirt along with an image or quote (to save money).

I was talking to Nicholas, and I think that it might be possible to design multiple Aquarist Club at USF shirts using spreadshirt.com. If we did this, we could vote on maybe the top three designs and then members could buy whichever of the three designs that they liked best (or all of them Wink). I'm afraid that spreadshirt.com may charge money for uploading multiple designs. I'm going to look into it, and I'll let you all know...

Keep up the brainstorming!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Nicholas41 wrote:
Good suggestions Ashley! I think I like the logo for the back over the more condensed one.

And I'm good with the i'd tap that Very Happy or the hugz would be great too! I'm picturing a cute puffer on it that's all puffed up!

Something like this?

T-Shirts for the Club? Usf-aq10
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Indeed! Something just like that!! Smile Did you find that online, or design it yourself??
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Sam_G wrote:
Indeed! Something just like that!! Smile Did you find that online, or design it yourself??

A little of both. Found the fish, then modified it.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Sam_G wrote:
I like it! Very Happy

Yeah, but I wouldn't wear something that cute.

We could use it in flyers thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 pm

schudini wrote:
Sam_G wrote:
I like it! Very Happy

Good that was the first thing I said when Samantha showed it to me. Very nice, but too cute lol. Good job though!
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Nicholas41 wrote:
schudini wrote:
Sam_G wrote:
I like it! Very Happy

Good that was the first thing I said when Samantha showed it to me. Very nice, but too cute lol. Good job though!

I would wear a shirt that said...

"It's my fish in a box"

T-Shirts for the Club? Fish-i10

Laugh

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Notice how I represented both salt and fresh water Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I just busted out laughing when I saw that! A+ lmao rofl
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 pm

schudini wrote:

T-Shirts for the Club? Fish-i10

Nice, Josh! lol

Yeah, probably most of the guys wouldn't go for a "Hugz" shirt. And, on the other hand, I'm not sure how many girls would go for an "I'd tap that glass" shirt. lol.

I'm looking into the possibility of creating multiple shirts with different designs, and then members could choose the ones they want. Maybe "Fish in a Box" would be possible! mr. green

By any chance, does anyone know what the difference is between pixel and vector images? From what I have read on spreadshirt.com, I can upload as many pixel images as I want, but only 3 vector images. And, it seems like vector images are preferred for t-shirt designing because they can be blown-up easier on a shirt... don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:43 pm

This is what the logo would potentially look like from www.spreadshirt.com. Any feedback?

T-Shirts for the Club? 280

T-Shirts for the Club? 280
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Also, Nicholas and I came up with a few more quotes/design ideas...

"Aquaholic" (we have to credit schudini, though Wink)

"Aquatic Adventurers"

"Thinking Outside of the Box" (with an aquarium image)

What do you all think? Yay or nay??
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Here's the Price List for image designs and text from spreadshirt.com:

plot designs, single color
$3.00
(each additional color: $2.50)
plot designs, two colors
$5.50

plot design, three colors
$8.00

text (1-5 lines) - one color
$3.00
(each additional color: $2.50)
text (1-5 lines) - two colors
$5.50

digital direct
$4.50
(each additional digital direct print, 
e.g. on the back: $4.50)

I didn't realize that the prices were more expensive for each additional color we use in each graphic. For instance, the club logo that I created counts as a "plot design, two colors", so just that image alone adds $5.50 to the overall t-shirt price. Because of this, I think we need to focus on keeping the shirts really simple. I'm going to think on how we can change the club logo (maybe just make it white).

Along the lines of keeping it simple, these are two graphics that I created tonight. I used only one color (light blue), the dark blue in the graphics will actually be the t-shirt color (which will probably be navy unless people are opposed to that). So, since these are 1 color designs, they only costs $3. Let me know what you all think. They're pretty basic...

T-Shirts for the Club? AquariumGraphic

T-Shirts for the Club? Aquarium3DGraphic

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Here's a prototype of what the Pufferfish/Hugz shirt might look like in a one-color graphic:

T-Shirts for the Club? PufferFishHugzGraphic
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:00 pm

Aww, so cute.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? Empty

Back to top Go down

T-Shirts for the Club?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next