Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

skimmer neck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mangoman

mangoman

skimmer neck Empty
PostSubject: skimmer neck   skimmer neck EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Every time I go to clean out my skimmer (bout once every few weeks to a month, seriously the cup takes forever to fill) I clean the neck of the skimmer too. Its a euroreef180 so almost 1/3rd of the skimmer comes off when i clean the cup and the neck is about 4-5" tall. I always get this skimmate that forms there. If i let it dry (ie. i turn the skimmer off and forget to clean it) it turns rubbery. If I wipe it immedietaly, i get about a halfcup-a full cup of wet clay (feels like it). Smells like all things nasty lol.

Is this normal?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

skimmer neck Empty
PostSubject: Re: skimmer neck   skimmer neck EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Yep! That means it is skimming good! I wiped the lid to my collection cup today with my finger and had a huge clump on it. It really is a horrid smell.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

skimmer neck Empty
PostSubject: Re: skimmer neck   skimmer neck EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Yeah, it's normal. If you skim wetter, more will collect in the actual cup rather than you having to scrape it off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

skimmer neck Empty
PostSubject: Re: skimmer neck   skimmer neck Empty

Back to top Go down

skimmer neck
Page 1 of 1