Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

T-Shirts for the Club?

Go down 
+4
Iceelover
schudini
Nicholas41
Sam_G
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Okay, here's what the Puffer Fish shirt would look like (The Aquarist Club at USF logo would be on the other side)...

T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 280
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Here's the "I'd Tap that Glass" Shirt. I think the font may need to be larger... What do you all think?

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 pm

And, here's the "Thinking Inside the Box" shirt:

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm looking for feedback regarding:

1. Do you think the graphic should be on the front of the shirt or the back? (The "Aquarist Club at USF" Logo will be on the opposite side of the graphic).

2. Do you think the words on the shirt (i.e. "Hugz", "I'd Tap that Glass", "Thinking Inside the Box") should be above or below the image. For instance, should "HUGZ?" be placed above or below the image of the puffer fish?

3. Should the text on the shirts (i.e. "Hugz", "I'd Tap that Glass", "Thinking Inside the Box") be larger?

4. Do you like the placement of the images? For instance, do you think the aquarium image and text should be higher or lower on the shirt, or do you like it just how it is?

5. Lastly, any other feedback or designs?? I'm considering making one more shirt right now. Right now I'm picturing a small fish swimming in a martini glass with the text "Aquaholic" above it. What do you all think? Thumbs up or down?? don\'t know
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:06 am

Sam_G wrote:
I'm looking for feedback regarding:

1. Do you think the graphic should be on the front of the shirt or the back? (The "Aquarist Club at USF" Logo will be on the opposite side of the graphic).

2. Do you think the words on the shirt (i.e. "Hugz", "I'd Tap that Glass", "Thinking Inside the Box") should be above or below the image. For instance, should "HUGZ?" be placed above or below the image of the puffer fish?

3. Should the text on the shirts (i.e. "Hugz", "I'd Tap that Glass", "Thinking Inside the Box") be larger?

4. Do you like the placement of the images? For instance, do you think the aquarium image and text should be higher or lower on the shirt, or do you like it just how it is?

5. Lastly, any other feedback or designs?? I'm considering making one more shirt right now. Right now I'm picturing a small fish swimming in a martini glass with the text "Aquaholic" above it. What do you all think? Thumbs up or down?? don\'t know

1. Graphics on front, that way you can see peoples reactions to the shirt, use it as an icebreaker, etc.

2. Words below the image. I think it just looks better that way.

3. Large text is always good.

4. Images should be around chest height, i.e. swap the words with images and that should be about high enough.

5. Yes on the "Aquaholic"!! I'd wear that, and I think it's unisex (for men and women) so it would probably be one of the more popular designs. I know that Gimplar would probably get a couple too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Josh!! Smile

Anyone else have any input? Question
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Also, you missed a good meeting on saturday. The lookdown boxes were free instead of $10!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 pm

FREE?! That's awesome! Unfortunately, we were out of town. We missed both the TBAS and TBRC meetings... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Okay, I made some edits to the "I'd Tap that Glass" Shirt and the "Thinking Inside the Box" Shirt. Good, bad, or ugly?

Last edited by Sam_G on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Okay, and I just finished the newest shirt. What do you all think?

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:35 pm

The fish in the martini glass is kind of hard to see in the previous pic. Here's a zoom-in on it. It's a little blurry, though...

T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 Picture1
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Sam_G wrote:
Okay, and I just finished the newest shirt. What do you all think?

That is SWEEEEEEET!!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:05 am

I agreed with schudini on the questionaire section a bit back. I really like the Aquaholic shirt idea and design, but Im worried from a distance people might not be able to see the little fish and they would end up confused thinking I really like to drink water. But I have no suggestions on how to fix it because on paper, the design looks great. Maybe I just have poor eyesight.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 am

Thanks for the feedback, Ashley! Smile I see what you mean about the fish in the martini glass being too small. I'll see if maybe I can make the image larger. It might look fine on the actual shirt, but it's hard to tell w/o buying the shirt... grumble
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

A+++ on the artwork! I really do like the martini glass with the fish, that probably took you around 3 hours to design!

And At first I thought it could be a tad bigger, but when I looked at the zoomed image which is smaller than it will be on the shirt I could see it from across the room with no problem. Great Job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks, Nicholas! Very Happy And, it took over 3 hours to design. Wink

I'm going to look at the image in Photoshop and mess with the dimensions to try to get a feel for how it would look on the actual shirt. If it looks fine, I'll leave it. If not, I'll make the image bigger.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Sounds like a plan!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:02 pm

This is what it would kind of look like on a small t-shirt (size-wize):
T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 Martiniglass2

Good or bad?
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:25 am

I decided to go ahead and make the Aquaholic design a bit bigger. Better safe than sorry.

Here's what it did look like:

Here's the new larger graphic shirt:

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:43 pm

hahaha I love it!!! Laugh

I'd buy all three!!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks, Eric! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:04 pm

You all should now see on the Portal/Homepage an image of the "Aquaholic" T-Shirt that links you to the Aquarist Club at USF Shop. I have great news... mr. green

...I've made all five T-Shirt designs ("aquaholic", "thinking inside the box", "I'd tap that glass", "Hugz?", and a plain logo t-shirt) available and members can choose which ones they want to purchase! Additionally, members can choose what shirt color they want (the default is Navy, but there's a bunch of colors to choose from)! Very Happy But wait! There's more!! I also created Aquarist Club at USF hoodies, polos, a backpack, messenger bags, a laptop case, hats, and MORE!

Clapping

Currently, if you click the link on the Portal/Homepage trying to access the shop, a new window should open that asks you for a username and password. This is just a temporary feature, because I don't want members ordering anything yet. By chance that it does not ask you for a username and password and the site lets you into the shop, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING YET! My plan is to order one or two shirts before making them available to club members to make sure that the shirts are of quality. Assuming that I'm happy with the shirt quality, I will then make the shop open to club members sometime in September so that members can browse through the merchandise. Then, either members can choose to order stuff on their own, or give me their order and I'll order for everyone (saving shipping costs).

Look forward to more updates soon.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Also, if you all have more design ideas, it may not be too late. Feel free to post any suggestions that you may have.

Here are what the fronts of the five T-Shirts will look like:

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Update: I've decided to open the Shop to everyone. If you click on the Shop link (the t-shirt) on the Homepage/Portal you should now be able to enter the shop and browse/purchase whatever you want. Or, here's the link: http://USFaquarists.spreadshirt.com/

I just now ordered a shirt, so I cannot yet attest to the quality of the shirts. However, when I receive the shirt, I will post pics and a review in this thread. Nicholas ordered a shirt too and will do the same.

You can choose to place an order whenever you like. However, if you give me your order at the September meeting (TBA) or e-mail/pm me your order by the September meeting, I will place a bulk order for the merchandise saving you shipping costs. If you would like to participate in this bulk order, I need your order and money (in cash) by the September meeting. I will then order the merchandise, and everything will be distributed at the October meeting. The costs for the products are all listed in the online shop. There is no sales tax, and the club will cover the shipping cost for the bulk order.

Last edited by Sam_G on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts for the Club?   T-Shirts for the Club? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

T-Shirts for the Club?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next