Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

My 72-gal Bowfront DT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maestro

Maestro

My 72-gal Bowfront DT Empty
PostSubject: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm

As some of you know, everything has died and I have started over with this tank. So I thought I would go step by step with this tank and have it documented.

So far here is where we are:

My 72-gal Bowfront DT Img_4611

My 72-gal Bowfront DT Img_4612

The tank has cycled and my CUC is handling everything nicely. I just finished sanding and painting the canopy and feel that it looks quite good if I do say so myself(brushes the sawdust off shoulder)

More pics to come soon! Laughing
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

need some fish in there looks lonely
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:06 pm

I like the rock layout! looks nice and well-lit. What lights are you running?
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:27 pm

I really like your rock layout too!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:44 am

Looks good! Can't wait to see how it progresses!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maestro

Maestro

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 pm

I have a 48 inch dual t5 light fixture with a third option for led moon lighting.

The lighting seen in this picture is with the blue t5's only. I usually don't run the whites because its too hot and I don't need them on for anything.

The canopy is hallow and holds two pieces of wood that hold the light fixture about 8-10 inches from the surface. This makes it easy for maintenance and allows for air to pass between the lights and the surface.

I have also removed the glass from the DT which has kept temp down and the lighting poifect IMO Smile

As for the rock layout, we went for many openings and caves for everyone to swim/crawl in and out of. Everything is set up with the idea of two vertical rocks holding one horizontal. I wish I could show you with one of those mini cameras but the system has worked well with flow and a safe system for those who prefer to travel away from the open waters Wink

Also, I find it very important (in the past and now) to not place the rocks against the back of the DT. I know this works for those of us who want to see everyone out in the front of the DT, but I don't like dead areas in my LR. Especially when I have had to pull a dead fish out of the tank. Ahh the things we learn lol

Thanks Everyone Very Happy More pics to come
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm

im with you man have you put any fish or anything else since
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 72-gal Bowfront DT   My 72-gal Bowfront DT Empty

Back to top Go down

My 72-gal Bowfront DT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarium Discussion Boards :: Tank Showcase-
Jump to: