Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( Empty
PostSubject: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 am

https://s136.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=https://vid136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/barbianj/MVI_2067.flv

SO which should I keep? I'm leaning towards lionfish
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:44 pm

hmm i'm thinking that trigger is big enough to be eatan. If you get a 4" i doubt it will be a problem. Although the lionfish dont move much and the triggers are like middleschoolers on red bull. lol
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Triggers will rip the fins off of lionfish... Neutral

I think I vote lionfish.
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Poor Lionfish, you can tell he was stressed.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 pm

mangoman wrote:
... the triggers are like middleschoolers on red bull. lol

That is the best way to put it lol.
But as Samantha said within a some triggers will kill a lionfish within minutes of being in the tank.

And no worries Dan, they removed it right after that. It is one of the few threads on RC under FOWLR tanks.

So the verdict on which fish to get is... ?
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Lionfish. I've heard of triggers just being a pain because they are picky about their tankmates. Plus some lionfish do that cool blowing thing Clapping
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 pm

I love triggers, but overall the lionfish surprisingly to me seem to be a better tank mate. That is due to the fact that the lions only eat what fits in their mouth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah go lionfish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Lions it is. I'm already have names picked out... Which is uncommon for me lol
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Mufasa?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 pm

After watching stargate atlantis this summer I am leaning on naming them after the aliens who attacked the humans. To be more specific drained the life out of them.

They were all given normal names as a human from earth named them. One of the main ones was a wraith that they attempted to turn into a human and ended up somewhere between so he was sort of the outcast. I was thinking the atennata or radiata would be names after him, and maybe the two dwarf lions (? Smile ) named after the two main ones.

For example, Todd Very Happy
Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( 3742956640_5bbc8bb1cc
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( Hiding

I like Mufasa better...
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:38 pm

Sorry but that isn't in the list of names for now. Maybe I could name the dwarfs after two of them, an angler after the human/wraith one and the big lionfish (atennata or radiata) mufassa. The name reflecting the wispy long fins like a lions mane?
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 am

Sounds good Smile I like to think I played a part in Mufasa's synthesis.
Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJhiF-7WZoIz-9wZPXiRXV4ZmsvMlf-WSECrtVBAuk8AU_4yCc
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Maybe I should name it Scar instead of Mufasa tease

Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRNHLQioNKSzdOOoqErb-epRkTDkJGodHIATpzqoDTE_WidyoG
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 pm

You could keep it a theme and name the big one Mufassa and the little two Simba and Nala? But that would mean only the angler would have one of the names you've picked out.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure, maybe it will stay to the original names I picked Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:53 am

Name it Aslan!

Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( Aslan

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(   Lionfish and triggers don't get along :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Lionfish and triggers don't get along :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarium Discussion Boards :: Fish-
Jump to: