Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

DIY Crazy Acro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

DIY Crazy Acro Empty
PostSubject: DIY Crazy Acro   DIY Crazy Acro EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:25 am

DIY Crazy Acro

A few months ago I was fragging my Blue Formosa Staghorn. One of the smaller frags that I cut fell when I made the cut, and I couldn't find it. A few days later, I found it. It had fallen upside down onto the mother colony. And guess what?! It had attached to the mother colony and was growing upside down!! Shocked

So...this experience gave me an idea. What if I purposely took frags from the staghorn and placed them sideways or upside down on the mother colony and see if they started growing together? Question It worked! mr. green

Here are some pics of the sideways and upside down frags starting to attach to the mother colony and grow:

DIY Crazy Acro DSC06057

DIY Crazy Acro DSC06058

DIY Crazy Acro DSC06059

This staghorn always grew in crazy whirled shapes, but in a few months (thanks to all of these weird frag placements) I bet it's going to look like a complete maze! Hopefully it will look awesome!! fingers-crossed

Some full pics of the mother colony:

DIY Crazy Acro DSC06062

DIY Crazy Acro DSC06056
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

DIY Crazy Acro Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Crazy Acro   DIY Crazy Acro EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:38 pm

CRAZY!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

DIY Crazy Acro
Page 1 of 1