Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com Empty
PostSubject: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 pm

I placed my first order with Gulf Coast Ecosystems through their website Live-plants.com for some macros, seagrasses, and a gorgonian last week, and the order was shipped and arrived a few days ago. Initially when looking at Live-plants.com, I was hesitant to place an order with them because I felt that their prices were high. However, I can now attest that their prices are completely fair. They are proof of the saying, "You get what you pay for."

First off, all of the macros and the gorgonian from them arrived healthy, and they were all HUGE!!! Second, their packaging was top-notch. They double or triped bagged every macro, seagrass, and the gorgonian, they then wrapped each one in newspaper, and shipped everything in a styrofoam cooler with cooling packs. That is customer service! It is obvious that Gulf Coast Ecosystems cares about their products and their customers! I was so happy with my order that I actually e-mailed them to let them know how pleased I was. I am happy to report that all of the macros, seagrasses, and the gorgonian from them are doing great! Thanks Gulf Coast Ecosystems!! cheers

Some Pics:

Box:
Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com DSC05815

Cooling Packs:
Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com DSC05816

The macros, seagrasses, and gorg:
Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com DSC05817

My beautiful aquarium (largely thanks to Live-Plants.com!)
Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com DSC05834
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Thank you to Gulf Coast Ecosystems for becoming one of our sponsors and supporting our organization!! thanks
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Placed my 2nd order with Gulf Coast Ecosystems this past week. Still very impressed! Once again the packaging was outstanding and all of the macros were nice-sized. One of the macros that I ordered didn't look too healthy on arrival and now is dying, but other than that I can't complain.
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Glad to hear it! I just need to get my tank set up than maybe i'll make an order and pray my tangs don't eat all of it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Is there any buy back on the dying one, or do they not promise anything during cold months?
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 pm

I didn't check. It did die. Sad Their website says that water quality is really important for eucheuma. While it did show up looking pretty bad, it's probably my water quality that was the final straw. I don't take care of the macro tank like I do my reef tank. I'm a little disappointed, but not heartbroken. Everything else looks good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Placed another order with Gulf Coast. As usual, great packaging and shipping. I was a little disappointed with this order because my mermaid's wine glass and euchema arrived half-dead. However, they threw in free halymenia which was nice. I'll post pics in my 47 gallon's showcase thread soon-ish...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com   Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com Empty

Back to top Go down

Gulf Coast Ecosystems/Live-Plants.com
Page 1 of 1