A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Share | 

2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bill S

PostSubject: 2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition   Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:35 pm

The 2014 Family Living Competition Rules and Entry forms are available on their web site :
http://www.floridastatefair.com/pdffiles/comp-aquarium2014.pdf
From the menu on the Top Choose : State Fair > Competitions
Under Family Living Competitions
Choose Aquarium Beautiful
Print out the rules and entry form

**ENTRY DEADLINE 16 DEC 2013 **

Any questions contact - Bill Shields
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition   Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Bill! I think I'm going to enter this year... fingers-crossed

Founder and Former President of the Aquarist Club at USF

100 Gallon Mixed Reef Aquarium

47 Gallon Macroalgae DT
Back to top Go down
Bill S

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition   Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Great . Just remember to send in your entry form before the dead line - 16 Dec 2013 .
Will keep you updated as to the set up as I receive more info . We usually have the Sat and Sun prior to the posted days but will keep you up to date as days are confirmed .
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition   Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Bill, what qualifies as a "novelty" aquarium set-up? I didn't see that explained in the forms that you posted...

Also, are prize categories separate for each class? For instance, is there a first place saltwater, a first place freshwater w/ plants, first place freshwater w/o plants, first place novelty, etc., or is it just first place across all categories?

Thanks Smile

47 Gallon Macroalgae DT
Back to top Go down
Bill S

PostSubject: Novelty Class    Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 am

Sam_G wrote:
Bill, what qualifies as a "novelty" aquarium set-up? I didn't see that explained in the forms that you posted...

Also, are prize categories separate for each class? For instance, is there a first place saltwater, a first place freshwater w/ plants, first place freshwater w/o plants, first place novelty, etc., or is it just first place across all categories?

Thanks Smile
Sam , Anything that does not fall into the other classes . Usually themed ie Sponge Bob , all glass ornaments or any other creative set up . I would not enter a saltwater novelty as there are usually very few saltwater entries but that is up to you . As for the prizes , there is a 1st , 2nd , and 3rd place in each class in each division ( Adult , Professional and Youth ) there also is a Best of Show and a Best Fresh and a Best Salt . So there is a total of 45 possible class prizes and 3 overall prizes . Just like the lottery if you don't enter you can't win .
Many times there is only 1 entry in a class .
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition   Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks, Bill! Working on some ideas...

47 Gallon Macroalgae DT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition   Today at 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down

2014 Florida State Fair Aquarium Beautiful Competition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1