Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Wie gehts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:38 am

Whats up? Im Don Ruger, I go to the tampa campus of USF. I have been in the hobby my entire life, I grew up in a fishing village on Long Island. I have always done freshwater tanks. My first tank was a 30 gallon community tank, my second was a 20L frog tank (water frog, bull frog, poison belly dart frog, and tree frogs). I took a break while I moved to florida. My 1st tank in florida was a 20L "shark" tank (red tails, black fins(catfish)). Re did it as a new world Cichlid tank. Upgraded to a 55gal New World Cichlid community tank (Jack Dempseys, firemouths, jewels(african), convicts, lace catfish, common pleco. Took a year and a half break for college. Couldn't go any longer without a tank and i bought a 10gal after seeing my fav fish which I tried 5times before to keep in HS (the EBJD). got 4 which I kept in the 10 for 4 months until I upgraded them to the 100g. I now have my 100gal planted, a 10 gal planted dirt (in progress) my 55 at home with 3 EBJDs and community fish, and more to come. This is as you see a hobby I am extremely fond of and I take it seriously. I have been planning on starting a group for fish, and I am glad to see one made, and well at that. My tanks that I maintain are all live plants so if anyone needs or wants help let me know and I will gladly help Very Happy.
Oh I am thinking about re-declaring my major as Marine Biology, but its up in the air right now ( I dont really know what I want). Any questions ask, in case I forgot to mention something.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am

Welcome to the forum, Don! Welcome! (or should I say "willkommen"?) Very Happy

It's great to have someone on the forum who's so knowledgeable in freshwater aquariums, and especially freshwater plants! You've certainly kept a lot of diverse aquariums, and judging from your showcase thread, you know what you are doing! Wink

Btw, what are you planning on putting in the 10 gallon planted dirt aquarium?

Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Im planning on turning it into a breeding tank for a pair of rams. They are like the german blue rams, but they are a "new breed" of them. The guy is a member of the TBAS so I am getting them from him and I plan on making a java moss wall, add some bocapa, or Blyxa japonica, maybe dwarf sag or micro chain swords in the front and possibly inject it with Co2. I would love to add trident fern, but i need to find a way to get some 1st its really rare.
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 pm

By the way, how do I fix my tank link? I really dont want it to look like am http
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:16 pm

WhySoSerious? wrote:
Im planning on turning it into a breeding tank for a pair of rams. They are like the german blue rams, but they are a "new breed" of them. The guy is a member of the TBAS so I am getting them from him and I plan on making a java moss wall, add some bocapa, or Blyxa japonica, maybe dwarf sag or micro chain swords in the front and possibly inject it with Co2. I would love to add trident fern, but i need to find a way to get some 1st its really rare.

Sounds like it's going to be awesome! Very Happy

Quote :
By the way, how do I fix my tank link? I really dont want it to look like am http

You have to change the html coding in the post...

In your post it will say in brackets: "url=https://aquarists-at-usf.forumotion.com/t72-100gal-planted-ebjds-and-rainbows". Then it will say "https://aquarists-at-usf.forumotion.com/t72-100gal-planted-ebjds-and-rainbows" not in brackets. And then you'll see "/url" in brackets. You want to change the middle part that isn't in brackets. So where it says right now "https://aquarists-at-usf.forumotion.com/t72-100gal-planted-ebjds-and-rainbows" not in brackets, change that.

I know that this explanation was confusing. what? I can edit it to say what you want, if you can't figure out what I was trying to describe. Just tell me what you want the link to say in your signature, and I'll edit it.
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 pm

lol I want it to say 100gal Planted EBJD and Rainbows. COuld you show me how its suppose to look then I will most likely be able to do it correctly =P
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 pm

never mind I figured it out =P
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 pm

I see that! And, I see that you even have the link posted in your contact info on the Member List. Nice job! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 am

Why thank you very much =]
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:40 pm

I have the perfect avatar for your username...

Wie gehts Joker-cat
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:43 pm

lol lol
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Thats pretty funny. I like my avatar as it is though =] My fish is amazing
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 pm

WhySoSerious? wrote:
I like my avatar as it is though =] My fish is amazing

So true! mr. green
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks =]
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I am officially a member of TBAS =]
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Awesome! thumbs up

I joined their forum, but not the actual society. I should probably join... Neutral
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 am

Do it if u want. =D Im happy I did
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wie gehts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wie gehts   Wie gehts Empty

Back to top Go down

Wie gehts