Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
meghan11

meghan11

Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm

I am setting up my first tank and everything is here but the water and fish. I was told that letting my tap water sit out for 24 hours breaks down all the chlorine. Is it safe?
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm

If I was going that route, i'd wait 3 days before I put it in. but that's just me. I would just invest in an RO unit. You can find one used for less than $100 and only replace filters every year or two depending on how big your tank is. Produces very pure water and you don't have anything worry about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 pm

If you let the water stand, over time the chlorine will break down. However, I agree with Eric that it's best to wait more than 24 hours to be safe.
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 am

there are three ways you can declorinate water without buying drops
1. leave it out for a couple of days
2. buy a ro system
3. go to a glacier bay water machine and fill up there its not expensive its a $1.50 for 5 gallons
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 am

Some LFS also offer water as well
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 am

i wouldnt buy that cause 90% of the time its not made for a reef tank and it doesnt always have the right kind of parimeters like it should its better to buy a ro system and do it yourself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?   Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to dechlorinate water without buying drops?
Page 1 of 1