Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

My Aquarium Video

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
veronicam

veronicam

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 pm

This is a link to the video that I made for extra credit in my marine bio class. I took all the footage myself and it is from The Florida Aquarium and my boyfriends saltwater tank. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OD5kTCxkIM&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Great video! This should be the go-to video for everyone starting an aquarium! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 am

That video literally covers everything someone entering the hobby should know. I declare this be made a sticky!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Great suggestion; I was thinking the same thing! Sticky made! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

hooray this video i would to put it on my blog no joke everyone would love this and besides the beginners will know what to do
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:46 pm

This vid is nice xD are any of those tanks yours?
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:48 pm

im working a video sorta kinda like that
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 pm

I've got one on how to make a moss wall (it was fun to make even more fun to watch me move at blinding NINJA SPEED) wha'ts yours going to be about?

Wow sorry my auto correct failed me in my last post...I meant to ask which of those tanks were yours
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am

mine is how to cycle a tank and what to put in a tank after its cycled it will show a reef tank and a fish only tank
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 am

Nice I think that videos like these help make it a lot easier and less intimidating for someone to enter the hobby
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 am

+1 to that man
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am

I remember when I first started planted tanks, I saw so many online and in videos and I just hopped right in without really looking at how and what they were doing....that was ~5 years ago, I had always had tanks with plants here and htere but going full out without much knowledge well I ws a plant killer for a good while we'll leave it at that....

Now I'm doing cool stuff though like with shrimp and plants and mosses and experimenting to find new ways to make things grow it's a lot of fun. Plus now I'm obsessed with watching mosses grow depending on how and what they're attached to....

I need a bigger apartment or a house I think, on second thought it's prob better I didn't...
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 pm

yeah probably LOL
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm in enough trouble right now trying to figure out how to expand my moss growing operation LOL
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:05 am

im with u on that
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 pm

I will be taking pictures and or videos of it as it progresses. I just don't have any plans drawn up, I'm waiting for the semester to end
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

ikr
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

I made one on how to make a moss wall. Unfortunately I had to break down the moss wall because I wasn't getting the growth I wanted (partially because I didn't have the tank going with CO2)
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 pm

that sucks doesnt it
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Yea but I took it as a learning experience Smile That way it's definately not a failure
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 pm

hahahaha i love using different word to make whatever outcome the best outcome and ultimately not fail
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:34 pm

You have to! If you don't learn from your failures how can you improve? Thats part of the fun with planted tanks for me, when I try something and it kills all the plants I know that next time I can't do that and if the next thing I do improves it then it's a success...I can't tell you how many times I've killed plants by doing one thing...hence my list of plants that excel doesn't get along nicely with
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:35 pm

haha same with saltwater fish and stuff especially clownfish and anemones
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Thats a goal for me one day is to get clownfish in a tank ... they're so cool to watch
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm

yes they r
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Aquarium Video  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Aquarium Video    My Aquarium Video  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Aquarium Video
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next