Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Moving with Fish

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xwesx1978

xwesx1978

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 pm

well I just found out that we are moving in December , Now i get to figure out how to break down and move my 55 planted , its not going to be fun , I know im gonna need a few five gallon buckets and battery powered air pumps but the one thing im concerned about is if its gonna be cold during that time , its florida so who knows , im already figuring im gonna lose most of my plants , this is gonna suck
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:12 am

Aw, man. Yeah, breaking down an aquarium is never fun...

Sounds like you have it planned out pretty well. Hopefully the weather will hold out for you. Coolers might be a better option instead of the 5 gallon buckets if it is cold out...
Back to top Go down
xwesx1978

xwesx1978

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:44 pm

true didnt think about that and I already have a cooler
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 am

Moving a tank is never much fun (except that when you put it back together you can redo that thing you've been meaning to redo for a while. Everyone has one lol)

Good thinking Sam! I think a cooler would be better if it's cold, but you really wont know until like the week before the move...

Are you moving far or is it something like moving to a different apartment/house in the same city?
Back to top Go down
xwesx1978

xwesx1978

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:51 pm

different apartment in the same city so it wont be to bad , only thing im disappointed about is that I finally got my dwarf hair grass growing like crazy and starting to carpet my tank and I know moving it is gonna set me back
Back to top Go down
xwesx1978

xwesx1978

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Well finally got moved and it was pretty successful only lost one albino cory and he went awol somewhere between point A and point B, Im pretty sure I wil find a little cory cat mummy in my truck some time in the future. also I threw out all my plants I had BBA break out right before them move so I figured it was a good time to start over . also I didnt realize how bad my trumpet snail infestation was until I removed all the plants , there is probably a thousand or so of them so im looking for some assassin snails
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Wow that's a lot of snails!

Glad to hear the move went mostly ok

If your plants aren't sensitive (mosses, Val's, etc...) you can excel treat them to kill the BBA I had to do that n my tank, swords, ferns and most of my mosses handled it well. It did melt my Val's though but they rebounded nicely.

There's a very small amount of BBA left in my 55 but its quite manageable and usually on the tips of the Val's that get trimmed weekly
Back to top Go down
Dgolden

Dgolden

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Oh yea if you know anyone with puffers they may appreciate the snails if you still have the,
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Glad the move went well (overall). Sucks about the plants, though. On the other hand, it's nice to have a fresh start...
Back to top Go down
loganjonathan

loganjonathan

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 pm

hey if the move went well thats the only thing you can ask for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moving with Fish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving with Fish    Moving with Fish  Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving with Fish
Page 1 of 1