Picture of the Month (PotM) and Picture of the Year (PotY) Rules and Topics
Every month (September through March) we will hold a PotM Contest on the forum, and then in April the PotY Contest will be held. During the first three weeks of each month (September-March), members can enter 1 photo into the PotM Contest for that month. The last week of each month, a poll will take place to decide who wins the PotM Contest for that month. The picture that wins the PotM Contest will be displayed on the Portal/Homepage of the forum for the following month. Members will receive 5pts. for entering a picture in PotM Contests, and the winner of the PotM Contest will receive an additional 5pts. In April, the PotY Contest will be held. For the PotY Contest, members will vote on which winning PotM picture was their favorite. The picture that wins the PotY Contest will be displayed on the Portal/Homepage for the following month, and the winner of the PotY Contest will receieve 5pts. Rules for the contests are as follows... Rules
1. All forum members can enter (including Honorary Members); however, only Aquarist Club at USF members (not Honorary Members) will receive 5pts. for entering a picture in the contest, as well as an additional 5pts. for winning the PotM Contest and/or PotY Contest.
2. Members may only enter 1
picture per month!
3. Pictures entered must be taken by YOU and of YOUR ACTUAL aquarium! (e.g. You CANNOT enter a picture of something that you saw at an aquarium, or someone else's house, etc.)
4. Photo editing/shopping is allowed.
5. A photo that was previously entered in a PotM Contest that did NOT win that PotM Contest can be re-entered in another month's PotM Contest.PotM Topics for 2012-2013 September
- Fish OnlyOctober
- Full Tank Shot (FTS)December
- Holiday PictureJanuary
- Macro (Close-Up) ShotFebruary
- Love ShotMarch
*Rules and Topics are subject to change*