Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Hello

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
klbetts

klbetts

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello my name is Kristyna. I am a senior at USF Sarasota-Manatee, majoring in Hospitality Management. I have loved anything that has to do with the water and the animals living in it since I was in Kindergarten. I originally wanted to be a Marine Biologist. Currently I have a 10-gallon freshwater tank. It is home to two black neon tetras and 3 red minor tetra of which 2 are long finned.

I am so glad to have found this club, because I really want to start a salt water tank and I do not really know where to begin. I know they are expensive to start and very hard to keep until you get into the habit. With the help of the club, I can better prepare myself to give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome to the club and forum, Kristyna! Welcome!

I was on the freshwater side of the aquarium hobby most of my life, and then started saltwater in the past two years. As you said, saltwater aquariums can get expensive quick and are more difficult than freshwater aquariums, but I've found them to be worth it. You can keep going saltwater cheaper and easier depending on the fish, corals, etc. that you choose. Basically, the hobby is as expensive as you make it. Smile Anyway, post any questions that you have on the forum, and we'll try our best to help out. Hopefully, we'll have even more members in the near future that can share some advice and knowledge as well.

Also, you should post pics of your 10 gallon in the "Tank Showcase" forum, so we can meet your fish! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey Kristyna! Glad to have you here in the club loopy! I recently started my 6 gallon saltwater tank, check out my thread on it and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarist Club at USF Community :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: