Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Favorite Guest Speakers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Favorite Guest Speakers? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am

We are currently trying to plan our guest speakers for our meeting this upcoming year, and we want to hear your opinions! Very Happy

Last year we hosted the following guest speakers at our meetings:

Sept: Dr. Philip Motta on sharks
Oct: Kenji Kawabata on his prized aquariums and exotic fish
Nov: Dr. Bill Baker on chemistry and applications of Antarctic aquatic species
Jan: Joe Gargas on water chemistry
Feb: Dr. James Garey on scuba/cave diving
March: Dr. Sandra Yosha on being a fish veterinarian
April: Dr. Michael Middlebrooks on sea slugs

What kind of talks do you want to see this year? Any specific speakers that you'd like to see? Any specific topics that you want to hear about? Would you like any of our past speakers to return as a speaker for this year?

Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:42 pm

It would be cool to have a person come in to talk about fish behavior. No idea of anyone in particular, but I think alot of people would find that interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Farfromfiji wrote:
It would be cool to have a person come in to talk about fish behavior. No idea of anyone in particular, but I think alot of people would find that interesting.
What kind of fish behavior stuff did you have in mind? Normal fish behavior? How to train a fish? Weird fish behavior? Behavior of normal fish versus unhealthy fish?
Back to top Go down
Farfromfiji

Farfromfiji

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 am

Sam_G wrote:
Behavior of normal fish versus unhealthy fish?

Any of that sounds interesting, but I think mostly this would apply to most people's interests; also possibly domestic/captivity behavior versus wild behavior.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Farfromfiji wrote:
Any of that sounds interesting, but I think mostly this would apply to most people's interests; also possibly domestic/captivity behavior versus wild behavior.

I will work on finding someone that can speak on one or both of those topics! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:34 am

I can't think of any specific speakers I'd like to hear, but I will say that I enjoyed every speaker we had last year!
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 am

I enjoyed the ones I got to go to, and even though I missed a few, I've seen Dr Baker and Dr Motta's talk 3 or 4 times now and they're still fascinating. And with pretty pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Iceelover wrote:
I enjoyed the ones I got to go to, and even though I missed a few, I've seen Dr Baker and Dr Motta's talk 3 or 4 times now and they're still fascinating. And with pretty pictures Smile

So does that mean you'd prefer not to see Motta and Baker again, or that you'd like to? scratch
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Well I moved 8 hours away so I don't know how many meetings I'll actually be able to attend... but Im just saying, they're still interesting a second time. Or maybe that's just because Im a marine bio major haha
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Okay. Just checking Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Guest Speakers?   Favorite Guest Speakers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Guest Speakers?
Page 1 of 1