Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

HELP!...again haha

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ahechava

ahechava

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Ok so I set up my new picotope (thanks again!!!) but I'm not sure if I have the filter set up right: I have the white sponge first (closest to the water side), then the carbon, then the black sponge/netting (closest to the back of tank). Is this right? Sorry if I'm not using the right names for the parts, I wasn't really sure what was the biological sponge and the other names. There's a lot of foam in the filter and there's been some white/clearish substance that's been collecting on the bottom of the tank in my gravel. Is this from incorrectly setting up the filter? Is it dangerous for my fish?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:38 pm

There most likely will be a picture or instructions with it, or online as to the placement of the filter media. Not so sure on the foam, are you setting it up as salt or fresh? and try and take a picture of the white stuff. Best of luck
Back to top Go down
ahechava

ahechava

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Ok so I think I figured out what the white stuff is: I think pieces of the white sponge are being broken off and pushed out into the tank. I looked all through out the instructions and all it says is that it is packaged as should be used and requires no assembly, but this makes me wonder if something's wrong since the sponge is falling apart. There's not really a diagram that shows what order the sponges should be in and the one they do have is hard to see. Also it's freshwater.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm

What brand and size filter is it? If it is the sponge deteriorating i'd suggest getting a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:26 am

There's some advice on this site...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/114040-picotope-filter-question.html
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:14 pm

stack it.....white on the bottom, carbon, black. might work better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELP!...again haha Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!...again haha   HELP!...again haha Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP!...again haha
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarium Discussion Boards :: Fish-
Jump to: