Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

What movie do you want to watch?

Go down 
4 posters

What movie do you want to watch at our Fall Movie Night?
1. Blue Earth - Ocean Drifters
What movie do you want to watch? Vote_lcap0%What movie do you want to watch? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2. Blue Earth - Jewels of the Caribbean Sea
What movie do you want to watch? Vote_lcap0%What movie do you want to watch? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3. Blue Earth - The Great Whales
 0% [ 0 ]
4. Blue Earth - Surviving Paradise: Hawaiian Monk Seals
 0% [ 0 ]
5. Finding Nemo
What movie do you want to watch? Vote_lcap20%What movie do you want to watch? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
6. IMAX - Into the Deep
What movie do you want to watch? Vote_lcap20%What movie do you want to watch? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
7. Life - Fish
 20% [ 1 ]
8. Shark Tale
What movie do you want to watch? Vote_lcap40%What movie do you want to watch? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

What movie do you want to watch? Empty
PostSubject: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Film Vote!

At our next social on Nov. 4th we are going to be watching a movie!! popcorn

Vote in the poll above for which movie you want to see. Descriptions of the films are below...

Film Descriptions:

1. Blue Earth - Ocean Drifters (approx. 60 min.) - documentary on the mysterious sea creatures, from tiny plankton to sea turtles, squids and enormous sharks, that spend their entire lives adrift, circling the planet on currents that carry them as far as 100 miles a day.

2. Blue Earth - Jewels of the Caribbean Sea (approx. 60 min.) - documentary on the beautiful marine creatures living in coral reefs and swaying fields of sea grass off the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, St. Croix, Dominica and Belize.

3. Blue Earth - The Great Whales (approx. 60 min.) - documentary on whales, specifically their complex communication methods and mind-boggling migratory patterns.

4. Blue Earth - Surviving Paradise: Hawaiian Monk Seals (approx. 60 min.) - documentary on the Hawaiian monk seal which is one of Earth's most endangered creatures.

5. Finding Nemo (approx. 100 min.) - animated comedy in which a father clownfish searches for his son.

6. IMAX- Into the Deep (approx. 30 min.) - documentary mainly on sharks, starfish, sea lions, and nocturnal creatures of the deep.

7. Life - Fish (approx. 60 min.) - documentary on both freshwater and saltwater fish.

8. Shark Tale (approx. 90 min.) - animated comedy in which a vegetarian shark and fish take on the world.

Last edited by Sam_G on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Movie movie movie!!!!
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm pretty excited to let my brain melt for a while over some fishie films.. exams are killin me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:32 am

vote
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:39 pm

I spoke too soon Sad A coworker of mine is having a family emergency, so I am taking her shift so she doesn't get in trouble for shift abandonment. I will, however, be at the meeting for November.

I'm bummed, but at the same time, I'd feel like a rat letting a friend down in a time of need :/
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Me too Sad

I promised my friend i'd be at his first playoff game.. their ranked #1 in their league right now...
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 pm

That's fine guys. Don't worry about it!
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 am

So how many people will actually be going?

I voted for shark tale btw, so you can remove that vote..
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Minor movie glitch guys. I met with MSC today, and they informed me that we can only watch documentaries unless we have approval from the producer of the films. So, unfortunately Nemo and Shark Tale are out because there simply isn't enough time before the social tomorrow to get the movie approved. That means the 2 front-runners at the moment are Imax - Into the Deep and Life - Fish.

Vote for which one you want to see here: https://aquarists-at-usf.forumotion.com/t240-final-movie-poll
*Only vote if you are actually attending the social. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Sam_G wrote:
... we can only watch documentaries unless we have approval from the producer of the films...

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Yes. grumble
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:58 pm

So how was the turnout?
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Not the best, but we had a good time! Very Happy Pics will be up sometime soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movie do you want to watch?   What movie do you want to watch? Empty

Back to top Go down

What movie do you want to watch?
Page 1 of 1