Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

When I grow up...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AshleyG

AshleyG

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: When I grow up...   When I grow up... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Which is never..

No I'm kidding Smile Actually this is just another nosy post. Ashley and I were talking last meeting about our degrees and later ambitions. It got me to thinking. We can easily see each other's majors under our username, but what I am curious about is, what are you using your degree FOR?

I'll go first:

I already have a BFA in fine arts. I do make art and sell it, I also curate and hold shows and am a fairly regular participant in Tampa exhibitions. I used my BFA to network and become a pretty bossome artist. However, I don't want to do it full time. Live and learn. SO..

My psychology degree is my second degree. All of my life I have been working in animal rehabilitation in some form. I am using my psychology degree to further my advances in the field. Specifically, to rehabilitate marine mammals that cannot be released. Though, I am open to training anywhere.. Wink

So what about you? What are you hoping to do when you get your degree and fledge from USF? Question
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I grow up...   When I grow up... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Very cool, Ashley. I was wondering what you wanted the psych degree for. Smile

For me, I think I want to go to grad school for social psychology, and then be a professor of psych and conduct my own research. We'll see what actually happens, though... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I grow up...   When I grow up... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:47 pm

With my crim major I am most likely going into the Tampa Police Department for a few years and then applying for the FBI. I am considering minoring in psych or Spanish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I grow up...   When I grow up... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 pm

YAY for psych and Spanish!!! bouncy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I grow up...   When I grow up... EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 am

Very Happy most likely Psych lol
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I grow up...   When I grow up... EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm

All your psychs are belong to us!!

Social psychology is always good stuff! I'm sure you'd be able to do your own research at uni, hopefully you land an awesome grad school Very Happy good luck

Nick- FBI! WOW! Good for you!! Sounds pretty intense Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When I grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I grow up...   When I grow up... Empty

Back to top Go down

When I grow up...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarist Club at USF Community :: Off-Topic Forum-
Jump to: