Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Hi My name is Dawn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dawnkrockta

dawnkrockta

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 pm

newbie Hi! I'm Dawn, and while I have spent my entire life as a witness to my father's many Extreme Aquarium Makeover adventures, I have had very few for myself. When I started college, I left behind a 10-gallon freshwater tank with two goldfish, Captain and Lola. My father has since moved them to a larger home about which I know very little. I've considered netting some Mollies out of the synthetic pond in my backyard to keep me company in my dorm, but I wanted to get a better handle on taking care of myself in my new environment before taking responsibility for additional living things.

While I don't know very much about aquariums or fish in general, sharks are my specialty. I spent all of middle school convinced that I wanted to be an elasmobranchologist, so some of what I learned in that time is still buried in the recesses of my brain. That being said, the guest speaker at our first meeting was AMAZING!!

Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Welcome to the forum, Dawn! Welcome!

You should check out the American Elasmobranch Society at: http://elasmo.org/.
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Dawn! Sharks RULE! I hope your goldfish are loving their new mystery tank too
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

Hey Dawn glad to have you with us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dawnkrockta

dawnkrockta

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 am

Very cool, Sam! I think I wrote them a letter once back in the day.

I'll have to take some pictures, both of the mystery tank and some of my Dad's fishy friends, next time I go home.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Definitely take some pictures, and post them in the "Showcase" thread! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Welcome =D I love sharks too!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi My name is Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi My name is Dawn   Hi My name is Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi My name is Dawn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarist Club at USF Community :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: