A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Share | 

Hi Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin

PostSubject: Hi Everyone!   Wed May 25, 2011 9:48 am

Hi fellow aquarists at USF! mr. green

I'm Samantha, and I am the President of the Aquarist Club at USF and the Administrator of this forum. I wanted to start this club at USF to bring aquarium hobbyists together to share their experiences and knowledge in the hobby and make new friends that have a common interest in aquarium-keeping. I hope that this club becomes all that I hope it will, and that this forum will help facilitate communication and bonding amongst members, helping the club to become a success.

A little bit about me...
I'm a Psych major and English and American Lit minor, and will be a Junior this Fall. I work as a research assistant in a Social Psychology Lab on-campus, I love Legos, I play the double bass, but (most importantly) I'm an AQUARIST!! Wink

My past in the hobby:

As a youngster, I was raised in a house that always had at least one freshwater aquarium up and running. My first aquarium of sorts was a betta fish bowl. I had several betta fish through the years, and then upgraded to a 5 gallon freshwater tank when I was about 14. A year later, I set-up a 10 gallon freshwater tank. Giving up freshwater, at 18 I finally convinced my parents that I was ready to try my hand at saltwater. I started my first saltwater aquarium (a Biocube 14) almost two years ago now, keeping it in my dorm on-campus. A year ago, I upgraded to a 46 gallon aquarium (once I had moved back home). I am definitely an addict. While I loved freshwater aquariums, saltwater is definitely "my thing." fishy

Currently:

I currently own a 50 gallon mixed reef aquarium, and I am in the middle of starting a 47 gallon macroalgae display tank. This June will make two years that I have been in the saltwater hobby.

Well, that's enough about me. I look forward to meeting all of you!

Here's to hoping that this club will be simply AMAZING! cheers

Happy aquarium-keeping!
~Samantha (aka Sam_G)
shark chase

Founder and Former President of the Aquarist Club at USF

100 Gallon Mixed Reef Aquarium

47 Gallon Macroalgae DT
Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum