Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Hello Everybody

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello Everybody Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everybody   Hello Everybody EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am

My name is Andrew Stern and I am a junior here at USF's Tampa campus. I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, FL and always went to the beach to skim, surf, snorkel, and dive right off our beaches. Love the ocean and have always been around it my entire life. I have had many tanks established since I started my hobby of aquarium fish, but have been unable to continue with it while at college. In high school I had a 30 gallon reef tank established for about 2 and a half years before I moved away for college and broke it down. I also had a 10 gallon fresh water tank for a while but cannot stand the smell and just love saltwater fish much better. When I moved up here for college in 2009 I eventually established a 5 gallon fresh water tank for about a year because of its ease, but then again got bored with the not very beautiful fish and didn't have enough time on my hands to take care of it, so I broke it down right before this summer. I work as a student equipment manager for USF's football team and with its demanding schedule for practices, games, and travel I really don't have time to start up my 30 gallon saltwater tank again anger . But believe me, as soon as I graduate from college I WILL be starting it up again, if not getting a bigger tank fingers-crossed . I would love to get a 55 gallon tank established and looking great. I have just recently got into watching the show "Tanked" on animal planet, awesome show! I really enjoy learning new things about fish/aquariums and like to study fish in my spare time. Well that's about it for me, I look forward to going to any meetings that I can make outside of my work schedule and meeting other fish enthusiasts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Hello Everybody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody   Hello Everybody EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Glad to have you here Andrew! welcome Sounds like Ft. Lauderdale had plenty of benefits ocean wise, but your still not to far from the Gulf!

Remember we have our meeting today in ADM 240 at 5 PM! Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Hello Everybody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody   Hello Everybody EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Welcome, Andrew!! Welcome! Glad to have you on the forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

Hello Everybody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody   Hello Everybody EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:14 pm

welcome Ft Lauderdale has been on our dive list to see the lemon sharks! Though Jupiter's concentration of them is great too. either way.. welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everybody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody   Hello Everybody Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Everybody
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aquarists at USF :: Aquarist Club at USF Community :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: