Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Breeding reef fishes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperDave0531

SuperDave0531

Breeding reef fishes Empty
PostSubject: Breeding reef fishes   Breeding reef fishes EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Does anyone here have any experience with or have been able to breed fishes like bangaii cardinals, ocellaris/perculas, or damsels? I'm rather curious about taking my fish keeping ton the next level within the next year or so, and I've been reading lots about damsels and clowns. I wanted to know if anyone here has done it already. Feedback?
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: Breeding reef fishes   Breeding reef fishes EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 pm

No, but there is alot of info about breeding cardinals out there. That is something I would like to do in the future.
Back to top Go down
SuperDave0531

SuperDave0531

PostSubject: Re: Breeding reef fishes   Breeding reef fishes EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 pm

The Bangaiis are my favorites Smile although I have had a few juvenile clowns I had taken care of and they seem easy enough to care for. I want to bone up on my maintenance practices before I attempt such a feat. Although it would be great if the clowns I have in my reef now would mate vs acting like they don't even know each other.
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

PostSubject: Re: Breeding reef fishes   Breeding reef fishes EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 pm

I had clowns that used to lay eggs all the time. The fry would always get sucked up in the filter or eaten though. We let our friend try his hand at it and he used a breeder net thing where they lasted a bit longer, but eventually died anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Breeding reef fishes   Breeding reef fishes EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 pm

I've never bred fish, but I think that it would be AWESOME!! I went to SRC (Southeastern Reef Conference) over the summer and one of the guest speakers was Matt Pedersen who gave a talk on breeding and raising marine fish. Super cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding reef fishes   Breeding reef fishes Empty

Back to top Go down

Breeding reef fishes
Page 1 of 1