Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

September PotM Entries!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

September PotM Entries! Empty
PostSubject: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 am

September PotM Entries!

The PotM topic for the month of September is "Top-Down", which means this month’s photo entries should be a top-down shot (aerial/birds-eye-view picture) of your aquarium or of something in your aquarium. Please read over the rules for PotM contests at PotM and PotY Rules and Topics before submitting a photo entry.

To submit a photo to the September PotM Contest, simply post the photo that you would like to enter in this thread. You will have until midnight on Friday, September 23rd (12am on Saturday, September 24th) to submit a picture for the September PotM. All submissions after the deadline will not be valid in the contest. Voting will open on Saturday, September 24th.

Good luck to everyone! cheers And, remember, you get 5 participation points just for entering a picture, so...ENTER!!! You might just win! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:19 am

Are we allowed to cut the flow in our tank for the shot?
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 am

Yes, definitely.
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 am

Ahh, this is perfect. I get to use the look down box that I made at the last meeting. Too bad you missed it banana
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm

schudini wrote:
Ahh, this is perfect. I get to use the look down box that I made at the last meeting. Too bad you missed it banana

Darn it... lol grumble
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:24 pm

schudini wrote:

That would have been perfect! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:24 pm

schudini wrote:

That would have been perfect! Sad Good for you, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Am I going to have to be the first one to post a picture here? Wow. Neutral

Was hoping we'd have some great compation going on by now.. don\'t know

oh well. Here's my entry! Very Happy

September PotM Entries! 6107177731_1f7215c636
100_2505 edit by EricHYoung3, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Way to start things off! Very Happy Nice top shot of the corals and your new fish!

Your picture is sideways, though. Is that intentional?
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah it is.. I tried having it regular (its been cropped btw) and it just didn't look as good I hoped... I can flip it back around for you though for when it goes on the home page Wink

When will we get to see your entry?? bouncy
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 pm

The homepage, huh? In your dreams! teasing jk.angel

It's not a problem, I just didn't know if you wanted it flipped for voting. If you want to flip it, just do it before photo entries for September close on the 24th.

As for my entry. I don't have one yet. I typically spend the month trying to think of and capture a good picture. I'm not even sure what aquarium I'm going to take the photo of yet! scratch
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:41 pm

I have this great looking green and red fuzzy mushroom in my tank that would make a great picture if I had a small clown hosting it...
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Sorry I didn't have a clown for you nick Sad

maybe you could "rent" one from lee just for the photo shoot? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:02 pm

He's so nice he would probably let me borrow his picasso. By chance do you have any more of the big red and green shrooms for sale?
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:12 am

um yes, two still Smile
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 am

I may have to get at least one more lol. My tank is so bare and to fill it will mainly rics and yumas will cost too much. Plus um... I might be buying a new fish for it Shocked
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:53 am

oooo what fish? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:30 am

No more entries? wow.. Neutral

was hoping to see some incredible top down shots!
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:58 am

mangoman wrote:

You mean you don't want to get back-to-back wins?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 am

schudini wrote:

Lol Laugh

I'll work on getting one this week!
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 am

schudini wrote:
mangoman wrote:

Hahaha I do! but that doesn't come across very sportsman like does it? thumbs up

I think I'll try another top down shot and see how it comes out..
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:13 pm

September PotM Entries! 100_2611

September PotM Entries! 100_2612

Same favia.. Top is under actinics bottom is under daylight. Shocked
Back to top Go down
schudini

schudini

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 pm

mangoman wrote:
September PotM Entries! 100_2611

September PotM Entries! 100_2612

September PotM Entries! Th_zombie-emoticon
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:46 pm

You can't enter 3 pics, Eric. tease Are you sticking with the first one for your entry, or would you like to replace it with one of your brain shots?

Also, I'm gonna get my entry in soon. I think I know what I want to take a picture of, I just need to get around to taking the picture. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September PotM Entries!   September PotM Entries! Empty

Back to top Go down

September PotM Entries!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next